Whiskey Advent Calendar & 12 Days of Whiskey Reveal
january 12th 2020, 12pm-3pm – Leaf & Bean in the Strip
2200 Penn Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15222
We shall reveal the whiskies contained in the Whiskey Advent Calendars & 12 Days of Whiskey boxes.
This is also a Bottle Share. We always use the first share in January as a clean out your bar, cellar, vault event. Bring any bottle you are looking to finish off in order to clear space for the new year.
Hope to see you there… Cheers! 🥃
The Burns Supper
January 25th, 2020
Menu (not finalized):
Charcuterie, mix of meats & cheeses plus accompaniments.
Cullen Skink, a type of fish stew/chowder.
Haggis with Whisky Cream Sauce, we use a Venison haggis which also has whisky oats mixed in.
Tatties, mashed potatoes.
Dessert, usually a trifle, maybe some shortbreads too.
Whisky/Whiskey throughout the night.
There will be an additional main, besides the haggis. There will be a vegetable paired with this. I am finalizing this portion.
What can I bring? What can I do?
• Bring a Whisky/Whiskey you’d like to share
• Select a Burns Poem or Song to read aloud, accent not required. Sing if you want or not.
• Volunteer to Address the Lassies or Toast the Laddies. Typically this is a collaborative effort between a man & woman. It’s supposed to be lighthearted & respectful.
• Volunteer to lead the Selkirk Grace
• Volunteer to read Address to a Haggis
• Have fun!
Flow of the Night (we may hit some of these things, we may miss some, it’s all in good fun)
• Piping in the guests… yes, we have a piper and Steven is awesome!
• Selkirk Grace
Some hae meat an canna eat,
And some wad eat that want it;
But we hae meat, and we can eat,
And sae the Lord be thankit.
• Piping in the Haggis… if Steven has time
• Address to a Haggis
• Main Course
• Toasts… Immortal Memory; Address the Lassies; Toast the Laddies; various readings of Burns works
• Closing/Auld Lang Syne